Traumatic Brain Injury Health Center
Living with TBI can be a challenge, depending on the severity of the injury. There may be changes in behavior and physical ability for the victim.
Behavioral changes can include:
- difficulty with memory, attention, or concentration
- difficulty with decision making and impulse control
- problems speaking or communicating
Physical challenges can include:
- incontinence of the bowels or bladder
- problems breathing
- chronic pain
- sexual dysfunction
- inability to care for self
Although the aftermath of a TBI can present challenges, many people are able to overcome them with the help of their physicians, families, and support networks.