How was your experience with Kanamycin?
Uses of Kanamycin
Kanamycin is used in the treatment of:
- Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Mycobacterium Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infections
Kanamycin is used in the prevention of:
- Bacterial Infections
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Kanamycin Brand Names
Kanamycin may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Kanamycin Drug Class
Kanamycin is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- CISATRACURIUM BESYLATE/KANAMYCIN
- ETHACRYNIC ACID/KANAMYCIN
- GALLAMINE TRIETHIODIDE/KANAMYCIN
- KANAMYCIN/METOCURINE IODIDE
- KANAMYCIN/ROCURONIUM BROMIDE
This is not a complete list of Kanamycindrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Kanamycin and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Kanamycin falls into category D:
It has been shown that use of Kanamycin in pregnant women caused some babies to be born with problems. However, in some serious situations, the benefit of using this medication may be greater than the risk of harm to the baby.
Take kanamycin exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Kanamycin dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Kanamycin is available in the following doses:
- Kanamycin 1 G/3 Ml Injectable Solution
- Kanamycin 500 Mg Oral Capsule
- Kanamycin 500 Mg/2 Ml Injectable Solution
- Kanamycin 75 Mg/2 Ml Injectable Solution
- Kanamycin Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Kanamycin is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule