How was your experience with Copper Sulfate?
Copper Sulfate Brand Names
Copper Sulfate may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Copper Sulfate Drug Class
Copper Sulfate is part of the drug class:
Copper Sulfate Interactions
This is not a complete list of Copper Sulfatedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Copper Sulfate and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Copper Sulfate falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Copper Sulfate should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Copper Sulfate should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Copper Sulfate Dosage
Take copper sulfate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Copper Sulfate dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Copper Sulfate is available in the following doses:
- Copper Sulfate 1.57 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Copper Sulfate Compounding Powder
- Trace Elements 2 Mcg-0.2 Mg-0.16 Mg-0.8 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Trace Elements With Selenium 1 Mcg-0.1 Mg-0.025 Mg-15 Mcg-1 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Trace Elements With Selenium 10 Mcg-1 Mg-0.5 Mg-60 Mcg-5 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Trace Elements With Selenium 4 Mcg-0.4 Mg-0.1 Mg-20 Mcg-1 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Trace Elements With Selenium And Iodide 4 Mcg-0.4 Mg-0.1 Mg-20 Mcg-25 Mcg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Trace Elements With Selenium And Iodide 4 Mcg-0.4 Mg-0.1 Mg-25 Mcg-20 Mcg/ml Intravenous Solution
Forms of Medication
Copper Sulfate is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Tablet
- Topical Solution