Depression in RA Patients May Be Higher Than Previously Reported
People with severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can be depressed about their health situation and anxious about what lies ahead. A new study looked at just how many people with RA were depressed.
New Drug for Crohn's Patients
Maybe this is the end of long-term stomach aches and pains, at least for patients with Crohn's disease who don't respond to the common treatment.
No Doubt About Arthritis Drug's Benefit
A few years ago, the FDA warned that certain drugs may raise the risk of cancer in children with juvenile arthritis. While it still seems these children are more prone to cancer, the drugs might not be to blame.
The RA Heart Left Unprotected
The inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis can affect more than the joints; it also poses a threat to the heart. When it comes to protecting the heart health of rheumatoid arthritis patients, certain drugs are falling short.
FDA Focus on TNF Blockers
A class of drugs is now under suspicion of causing cancer in children, adolescents and young adults under the age of 30. These are called Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) blockers, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently released an update regarding its ongoing safety review of these drugs.
- Rheumatic Disease (3) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter