What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Cholesterol Rx and Stroke: The Effects on Older Patients
If you have to take a pill for high cholesterol, it would be nice to know that it does double duty. New evidence suggests that for healthy older patients, cholesterol drugs might have some benefits beyond just lowering cholesterol.
This Rx Combo Might Protect Hearts After Menopause
Women have a higher risk of heart disease after menopause, but a combination therapy may reduce that risk.
Blocked Arteries Might Affect Rx Effects
When statin medications don’t work, check the arteries. They may not work because the arteries are blocked.
Exercise Still Key in Diabetes Care
The American Diabetes Associations' new guidelines send a message to patients to get moving and lower cholesterol for better heart health.
Kidney Patients Who Need Statins Might Not Take Them
Two major health groups recommend statins for many patients with chronic kidney disease. But a new study found that many patients who should take statins didn't take them — even after a doctor recommended that they do so.
Mayo Clinic Updates Cholesterol Guidelines
The Mayo Clinic recently assembled a task force to update existing cholesterol guidelines.
Cholesterol Rx May Be Lifesaver for Diabetes Patients
For those with Type 2 diabetes, heart disease is a major cause of death. Cholesterol-cutting statins, however, may help fight heart disease and prolong lives.
Debate Over Cholesterol Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
Last year, new guidelines on treating high cholesterol placed a focus on overall risk instead of specific cholesterol levels. Those recommendations set off a debate in the medical community. The controversy rages on.
Cholesterol Rx May Cut Physical Activity
As people age, exercise is important for maintaining good health, including healthy cholesterol levels. Sometimes, though, medications are needed to cut cholesterol. Unfortunately, treatment with these medications might have an unintended consequence.
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- (-) Remove Zocor filter Zocor
- Crestor (24) Apply Crestor filter
- Pravachol (15) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Lescol XL (4) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Vytorin (3) Apply Vytorin filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Mental Health (2) Apply Mental Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter