Diabetes Rx May Keep Arthritis at Bay
Call it a gut reaction. A popular diabetes medication works by helping gastrointestinal hormones that encourage insulin production. The same medication may also help ward off autoimmune diseases.
FDA Investigating Risk of Pancreatitis in Type 2 Diabetes Meds
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is evaluating unpublished new findings by a group of academic researchers that suggest an increased risk of pancreatitis, or inflammation of the pancreas, and pre-cancerous cellular changes called pancreatic duct metaplasia in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with a class of drugs called incretin mimetics.
New Diabetes Rx Delivers Results
While several medications are already on the market to treat diabetes, not all patients have the desired control over their blood sugar levels. Alogliptin may offer a fresh option.
- (-) Remove Januvia filter Januvia
- (-) Remove Nesina filter Nesina
- Kazano (2) Apply Kazano filter
- Onglyza (2) Apply Onglyza filter
- Tradjenta (2) Apply Tradjenta filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Bydureon (1) Apply Bydureon filter
- Byetta (1) Apply Byetta filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Janumet (1) Apply Janumet filter
- Janumet XR (1) Apply Janumet XR filter
- Jentadueto (1) Apply Jentadueto filter
- Juvisync (1) Apply Juvisync filter
- Kombiglyze XR (1) Apply Kombiglyze XR filter
- Oseni (1) Apply Oseni filter
- Victoza (1) Apply Victoza filter