Cockroaches and Air Pollution Shouldn't Mix
Most people try to steer clear of cockroaches. For children, however, avoiding these large, brown creepy crawlers is especially important.
Infertility and Childhood Asthma
When a couple has trouble conceiving, they may use infertility treatments to get pregnant. New research suggests there could be a connection between these treatments and childhood asthma.
From Mama’s Achoo! to Baby’s Asthma
Is stopping to smell the roses a bad idea if you’re eight months pregnant? One rose too many might not be advised.
Asthma Not Linked to Birth Weight
As asthma rates have climbed in recent years, researchers have tried to understand all the possible causes of the condition. Now, at least one possible factor can be ruled out.
Pediatricians Warn of Pesticide Exposure
Residues from pesticides are all around us: in the air, in our food, in dust, in soil. Whether used in farming or in homes, these chemicals can affect children exposed to them.
Time of the Month Affects Breathing Woes
Maybe allergies are not to blame if women are coughing more at certain times than others.
Smoking While Pregnant Linked to Asthma
Past research has already shown links between mothers who smoke and asthma in their children. But what if a mom only smokes while pregnant and quits before giving birth?
Air Pollution and Asthma Don't Mix
Pregnant moms, listen up: Stay away from areas with high air pollution. It can hurt your growing baby, especially if your child develops asthma.
Obesity During Pregnancy Inflames Risks
If you’re obese and pregnant, a nutritious diet may not ensure you have an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby. A new study shows that inflammation in your body, caused by obesity, can have harmful health effects for both the mother and child.
Obese Moms Spread Children's Asthma
Women who are obese during pregnancy put their children at higher risk for asthma. A new study shows that a mother's weight has an effect on the respiratory health of her child.
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Pulmonary Disease filter Pulmonary Disease
- (-) Remove Asthma filter Asthma
- Pediatrics (11) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Mental Health (5) Apply Mental Health filter
- Allergies (4) Apply Allergies filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (4) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Womens Health (4) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Home (3) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Rheumatic Disease (2) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter