Cholesterol Meds May Lower Cancer Deaths
Cholesterol lowering medications called statins are among the most commonly prescribed medicines in the US. New research is suggesting these medications may lower more than cholesterol in prostate cancer patients.
Melanoma May Be Linked to Prostate Cancer
An interesting fact: severe acne is linked to higher male hormone (androgen) activity. And previous research has suggested that severe teenage acne may be a risk factor for both prostate cancer and melanoma, a potentially deadly form of skin cancer.
Ancient Moves for Prostate Cancer Patients
Qigong is an ancient Chinese practice that combines slow movement, controlled breathing and concentration. People of any age can practice Qigong. A small study recently looked to see if the practice could help with fatigue.
The Weight of Weight on Prostate Cancer Survival
How much we weigh in relation to our height matters. In other words, body mass index (BMI) matters. If we’re carrying around too much fat, our chances of all sorts of diseases are — well — fattened. Our weight at the time we’re diagnosed with a disease may matter as well.
Doctors Referring Prostate Cancer Screening in Older Men
Prostate cancer screening using the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test is generally not recommended for men over the age of 75. But this recommendation doesn’t seem to be taking hold in practice. Men in their seventh and eighth decades are still having PSA tests.
Less is More with This Cancer Therapy
When cancer spreads to the bones, pain is inevitable. Radiation is used to offer pain relief, but there seems to be some conflict about how much and how often radiation is needed to achieve relief. A recently released study shows less may be more.
Men Can Have Hot Flashes Too
Menopausal women aren’t the only ones packing the heat. Prostate cancer survivors know what a hot flash is – the sudden flare of heat that turns the whole body hot and clammy. Women have a couple of effective treatments for the dreaded heat waves. Do they work for men?
Rx Prolongs Life...Without Pain
When cancer advances, the pain can be intense. A recently approved medicine may offer relief from both disease progression and pain.
Prostate Cancer Isn't a Coffee Drinker
Coffee is among the most popular drinks on the planet. Besides the pep that the caffeine provides, a cup of joe just tastes good. Recent research suggests that this beloved beverage may also offer some health benefits for prostate cancer survivors.
Wait! Watching Prostate Cancer May Be Okay
Men have gotten a lot of conflicting information relating to prostate cancer screening over the past few years. How often to get screened and when to treat a prostate tumor has been extensively debated. New research may clear up some of the confusion.
- Propecia (4) Apply Propecia filter
- Avodart (3) Apply Avodart filter
- Zytiga (3) Apply Zytiga filter
- Casodex (2) Apply Casodex filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Zoladex (2) Apply Zoladex filter
- Adcirca (1) Apply Adcirca filter
- Avastin (1) Apply Avastin filter
- Cervarix (1) Apply Cervarix filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Effexor (1) Apply Effexor filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Gardasil (1) Apply Gardasil filter
- Metformin (1) Apply Metformin filter
- Proscar (1) Apply Proscar filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Xtandi (1) Apply Xtandi filter
- Zometa (1) Apply Zometa filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (107) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (12) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (7) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Lung Cancer (7) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (5) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (5) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (4) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Testicular Cancer (4) Apply Testicular Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (3) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (1) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Mens Health filter Mens Health
- Womens Health (38) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (16) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sexual Health (9) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Infectious Disease (5) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (5) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer