Cancer Care Barriers
Latino men don’t get the prostate cancer care they need for a variety of reasons, and it’s not just about the cost. A new study has summarized those barriers.
Prostate Cancer Patients Keep Sexual Function
Prostate cancer patients have different treatment options nowadays. Most men probably want treatments that won't harm their overall health or sex life.
Giving Men a Break
Being treated for prostate cancer can be grueling. The side effects of therapy used to block hormones that feed the cancer definitely impact a man’s quality of life. Some relief is in sight, though.
Huh? Exercise Does & Doesn't Affect Cancer Risks
Sometimes genetics just aren’t fair. Exercise helps everybody. When it comes to reducing prostate cancer risks, though, there’s good news for some men, but not so much for others.
New Type of Radiation Shortens Treatment Time
Radiation therapy is commonly used to treat prostate cancer. Some forms of this therapy can be quite time-consuming, requiring 20 to 40 daily visits. A new type of radiation can reduce that time and possibly improve treatment effectiveness.
Deadly Zip Codes
Where someone lives has an impact on their health. Everything from air pollution to healthcare access affects a person’s health, well-being and likelihood of dying. This appears to be true with regards to lung cancer deaths.
Trouble Ahead, No Matter the Cancer Treatment
Surgery and radiation therapy are common ways to treat prostate cancer. In the long run, however, men experience the same declines in bodily functions, regardless of the treatment they receive.
Deep-Fried Cancer Risks
Who doesn’t love French fries, fried chicken and doughnuts? And who doesn’t know that fried delicacies are not the best choice for your health? Well, the news isn't getting any better. These foods are now associated with increased risks of yet another cancer.
Prostate Therapy May Be Bad to the Bone
Some prostate cancer patients who are unable to have surgery or radiation treatment may turn to hormone therapy for treatment. However, hormone therapy may increase the chance of bone fracture.
Detecting Cancer, Measure by Measure
A PSA test is a common way to screen for prostate cancer. While a single PSA reading may signal prostate trouble, repeated measurements of PSA may offer a more precise means of detection.
- Propecia (4) Apply Propecia filter
- Avodart (3) Apply Avodart filter
- Zytiga (3) Apply Zytiga filter
- Casodex (2) Apply Casodex filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Zoladex (2) Apply Zoladex filter
- Adcirca (1) Apply Adcirca filter
- Avastin (1) Apply Avastin filter
- Cervarix (1) Apply Cervarix filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Effexor (1) Apply Effexor filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Gardasil (1) Apply Gardasil filter
- Metformin (1) Apply Metformin filter
- Proscar (1) Apply Proscar filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Xtandi (1) Apply Xtandi filter
- Zometa (1) Apply Zometa filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (107) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (12) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (7) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Lung Cancer (7) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (5) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (5) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (4) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Testicular Cancer (4) Apply Testicular Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (3) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (1) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Mens Health filter Mens Health
- Womens Health (38) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (16) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sexual Health (9) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Infectious Disease (5) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (5) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer