Experts Say Outdoor Air Pollution Causes Cancer
Not long ago, scientists declared that diesel fumes were cancer-causing and linked to lung cancer. An international body has now gone a step further in classifying outdoor air pollution.
Imaging Cancer Outlook
One of the frustrating facts about cancer is that doctors can’t tell if it’s going to come back after treatment. This may be changing, though, for lung cancer. An imaging technology has been found to be able to predict who may need more treatment.
Does Marijuana Cause Lung Cancer?
Scientists have long been debating whether or not marijuana can be linked to lung cancer. A 40-year review suggests that cannibis (marijuana) does increase lung cancer risks, but the study is flawed, according to a leading cancer expert.
A Crystal Ball for Lung Cancer
Lung cancer can be detected early using CT scans. But when doctors find nodules on these CT scans, it can be hard for them to tell which ones will likely turn out to be cancerous.
Good Old X-Rays For Spotting Lung Cancer
Chest X-rays are cheaper than CT scans, but are not routinely used to screen people who are at risk for lung cancer.
Is Bigger Better in Lung Cancer?
Though obesity can increase the risk of developing many diseases, the link between obesity and cancer outcomes is still not clear.
Put Lung Cancer to the Screening Test
Early diagnosis of lung cancer is extremely important. If the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage, it can be treated more effectively and patients can enjoy a better quality of life.
Advancing Treatment of Advanced Lung Cancer
When cancer is described as “advanced,” that means it has started to spread. Today, progress in understanding the origins of cancer and the development of new medications have improved patients' odds of living with and beyond advanced cancers.
New Rx Stalls Advanced Lung Cancer
Lung cancer isn’t a single disease. Changes in genes produce different versions of lung cancer — the most common cancer in the US. Now there's a new medication designed to treat one specific type of lung cancer.
FDA Approves New Treatment for a Type of Late-Stage Lung Cancer
The US Food and Drug Administration today approved Gilotrif (afatinib) for patients with late stage (metastatic) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumors express specific types of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene mutations, as detected by an FDA-approved test.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer