What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Cholesterol Rx and Stroke: The Effects on Older Patients
If you have to take a pill for high cholesterol, it would be nice to know that it does double duty. New evidence suggests that for healthy older patients, cholesterol drugs might have some benefits beyond just lowering cholesterol.
Blocked Arteries Might Affect Rx Effects
When statin medications don’t work, check the arteries. They may not work because the arteries are blocked.
Many Not Getting Statins When They May Benefit
People take statin medications to fight high cholesterol. While these medications also may help those with high heart risks but not high cholesterol, statins are not always prescribed to those patients.
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- (-) Remove Zocor filter Zocor
- Crestor (4) Apply Crestor filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Lescol (1) Apply Lescol filter
- Lescol XL (1) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Pravachol (1) Apply Pravachol filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter