Balancing Antidepressants' Risks during Pregnancy
Taking antidepressants during pregnancy has always involved a balancing of possible benefits and risks. But so does skipping the medication when a mom has depression.
Taking Antidepressants When the Baby's Due
Women who have anxiety or depression have important decisions to make about their medications when they are pregnant. Though these medications may carry some risks, not taking them has risks too.
Another Puzzle Piece for Expectant Moms
Untreated mental disorders are linked to newborn complications in pregnant women. But taking psychiatric medication has risks too. Again, the old question: What, then, to do?
Feeling Blue… While Pregnant
Pregnant women with depression have tough choices to make. Do they treat the depression with medication or skip the meds? How might either choice affect their baby?
What Should You Take When Pregnant?
The small amount of evidence available about medications and pregnancy makes it tough for women to make informed decisions. Fortunately, researchers are learning more all the time.
Baby Language Linked to Mom’s Mood
One of the concerns about taking antidepressants while pregnant is the possible effects on the baby. Surprisingly, these medications may help a baby's language development.
Antidepressant Safety During Pregnancy
Much is still uncertain about what drugs are safe while pregnant, so deciding what to take or avoid may require a tradeoff. Such may be the case for a common group of antidepressants.
Antidepressants and Pregnancy: A Trade Off
Expectant mothers with depression or anxiety may debate whether to continue or cease taking their mood meds during pregnancy, and it appears their babies are likely affected either way.
Drug Safety Communication: SSRI use during pregnancy
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is updating the public on the use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor ( SSRI ) antidepressants by women during pregnancy and the potential risk of a rare heart and lung condition known as persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn ( PPHN ).
- (-) Remove Celexa filter Celexa
- (-) Remove Prozac filter Prozac
- Lexapro (9) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (8) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (6) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (3) Apply Effexor filter
- Fluoxetine (1) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Wellbutrin (1) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Wellbutrin XL (1) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Prenatal Care filter Prenatal Care
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Womens Health (3) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter