The Low Down on Sugar-Free
Sugar-free products have taken over the nation showing up in beverages and foods. They have been thought to lower caloric intake and prevent dental caries. How much of this is really true?
Snaggle Toothed Menopause
In "Miracle on 34th street," Kris Kringle said, "I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth." Old teeth need a little loving care too.
Punching Out Post Dental Surgery Pain
Pain management after dental surgery can be a pain in the gas. Arguably, nothing is more irritating than a toothache gone wrong. Analgesic drug relief is key.
Cavity Causing Bacteria Linked to Lethal Heart Infection
Streptococcus mutans is a bacterium most often associated with cavities. Now, researchers say that same bacteria can rapidly travel to the heart and create a potentially deadly condition.
Clean it Up Ladies, Lose the Dental Plaque
Dental hygeine becomes increasingly important as one ages. The current standard of two dental appointments a year may not be adequate for postmenopausal women's dental needs. A recent study explains the health consequences of sub-par teeth cleaning in postmenopausal women.
Dental Pain Reliever May Be Dangerous
The FDA continues to receive reports about a life-threatening side effect of a dental pain reliever called benzocaine .
Researchers have discovered a new type of bacteria associated with severe cavities in early childhood.
Preventing Preterm Birth
Two new studies show how progesterone treatments and oral hygiene help to prevent preterm birth.
The Good Kind of Fat
Recent research from Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Public Health indicates polyunsaturated fats may help protect gums from disease.
A recent study on odontoblasts, immune cells which specifically protect teeth, finds that while they are useful in fighting infection they are also responsible for inflammation of the tooth.
- (-) Remove Gastrointestinal filter Gastrointestinal
- Mental Health (19) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Depression (5) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (4) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Dementia (2) Apply Dementia filter
- Emotional Health (2) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Sleep Disorders (1) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (1) Apply Stress filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (14) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pediatrics (11) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (6) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Mens Health (3) Apply Mens Health filter
- Rheumatic Disease (3) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (3) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (3) Apply Womens Health filter
- Exercise (2) Apply Exercise filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter