New Drug Therapy Shows Promise in Treating Leukemia
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia is the most common type of childhood cancer. A new drug therapy holds promise in treating this particularly aggressive disease.
Preventing Children's Cancers From Returning
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) used to be one of the deadliest cancers for children and young adults. Now it's one of the most curable, and cures rates are climbing.
Understanding of Alzheimer's Expanding
If we only knew exactly what caused Alzheimer's disease, it might be easier to treat. Scientists are making headway in both arenas.
Closing in on the Leukemia Cure
The majority of patients with chronic myeloid leukemia recover using various cancer drug treatments. However, they are not cured, as a type of cancerous stem cell is resistant to the drugs.
"Turned Off" in Human Tumors
Researchers have gained new insights into one of the most aggressive tumors affecting humans, Burkitt's lymphoma cancer. There may be new ways of treating this painful and deadly disease with a new mechanism responsible for breaking down the genetic protections against tumors.
Un-Zombified Leukemia Cells
A team of University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers has successfully completed the first reprogramming of blood cells obtained from a patient with leukemia.
Certain Vaccines May Help Guard Against Childhood Cancer
Children vaccinated against hepatitis B might be at a lower risk of developing leukemia, according to a new study.
Follow-up Therapy Shown to Improve Lymphoma Survival Rates
Follicular lymphoma patients fare better after receiving two years of rituximab-maintenance therapy following immunochemotherapy, according to a new study.
FDA Warning: Breast Implants Linked to Rare Cancer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced a possible association between saline and silicone gel-filled breast implants and anaplastic large cell lymphoma ( ALCL ), a very rare type of cancer.
The Biology of Blood Cells
New research has examined the crucial steps involved that turn brand new blood cells into immune cells or red blood cells, and how disruptions to this process can lead to blood diseases like leukemia.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (6) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (4) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Velcade (3) Apply Velcade filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Cyclophosphamide (2) Apply Cyclophosphamide filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Doxorubicin (1) Apply Doxorubicin filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Mustargen (1) Apply Mustargen filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Prograf (1) Apply Prograf filter
- Protopic (1) Apply Protopic filter
- Rituxan (1) Apply Rituxan filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Toposar (1) Apply Toposar filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Brain Cancer (4) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (3) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Bone Cancer (2) Apply Bone Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (2) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (2) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Pediatrics (9) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer