Advanced Treatment for Lymphoma
You learn you have a rare cancer located at the back of your throat. Traditional therapies might affect your ability to eat, speak and swallow. A new study shows advanced radiation therapy is effective in treating this type of cancer without harsh side effects.
Breaking Through Cancer?
"Cure" isn't a word that's used very often in the cancer field. Still, a 20-year-in-the-making breakthrough could make that word more common among oncologists .
Overcoming Transplant Rejection
Blood cancers - leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma - interfere with the body's ability to make healthy blood cells. Scientists may have discovered a new way to treat these diseases in ways that offer new hope.
When One Drug Doesn't Work Another One Does
The medication Gleevec ( imatinib ) remains the standard of care for people newly diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). But not all patients respond well to this medicine, and now they have an alternative.
The Risks of Rural Life
It seems so idyllic - the farm life does. Yet new research finds that children who grew up on a livestock farm are at greater risk for developing certain types of cancer.
FDA Drug Safety Communication: TNF blockers
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is informing the public that it continues to receive reports of a rare cancer of white blood cells (known as h epatosplenic T-Cell lymphoma or HSTCL ), primarily in adolescents and young adults being treated for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis with medicines known as tumor necrosis factor ( TNF ) blockers, as well as with azathioprine , and/or mercaptopurine . Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis cause inflammation of the digestive system. Common symptoms are pain in the abdomen, cramps, and diarrhea. Bleeding from the rectum, wei...
CML Hope After all Else has Failed
Leukemia begins in the bone marrow. Medications can treat most forms of this cancer, but drugs don't work for everyone. Scientists are trying to find new answers – and hope.
New Therapy for Leukemia in the Works
Chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ) results when the growth of white blood cells goes berserk and too many are produced in the bone marrow. A new method to treat this disease is being studied.
ODAC Recommends Accelerated Approval of new Lymphoma Drug
The Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee ( ODAC ) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has voted unanimously to recommend that the FDA grant accelerated approval of Adcetris ( brentuximab vedotin ).
One of the "Easy Cancers"
A patient remembers the day he was diagnosed. Writing on a patient support group forum, he recalls, "I had one of the first oncologists I saw tell me 'you got the cancer I can treat. One pill a day and you carry on. Who's luckier than you?'"
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (6) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (4) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Velcade (3) Apply Velcade filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Cyclophosphamide (2) Apply Cyclophosphamide filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Doxorubicin (1) Apply Doxorubicin filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Mustargen (1) Apply Mustargen filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Prograf (1) Apply Prograf filter
- Protopic (1) Apply Protopic filter
- Rituxan (1) Apply Rituxan filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Toposar (1) Apply Toposar filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Brain Cancer (4) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (3) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Bone Cancer (2) Apply Bone Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (2) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (2) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Pediatrics (9) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer