Erwinaze Approved to Treat Leukemia
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Erwinaze ( asparaginase Erwinia chrysanthemi ) to treat patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), who have developed an allergy (hypersensitivity) to E. coli derived asparaginase and pegapargase chemotherapy drugs used to treat ALL.
Hiding in Plain Sight - Old Drug, New Use
Finding new uses for existing drugs has taken on new emphasis of late. With advanced technology making it easier to test for "new" benefits in existing drugs, medical researchers may have hit a home run with an old antibiotic.
Some Drugs are Easier to Stick with Than Others
So you have to take a pill every day. It's saving your life, but doing anything every single day for the rest of your life is daunting. Recent research looked at which medications leukemia patients take more faithfully.
These Genes are Made for Returning
Genes are continuing to be the superheroes of treatment breakthroughs. A new study has discovered a gene linked to leukemia coming back in younger patients.
These Chemo Treatments Make a Great Team
Teaming up with a partner makes any difficult task easier. When therapies team up even the difficult task of dealing with an incurable disease is made easier.
Horizon Brightening for Lymphoma
Just because something works in mice, doesn't mean it will work in humans. That being said, a new mouse study holds out hope for a new therapy for lymphoma. Researchers have identified two molecules that are better killers of lymphoma than existing therapies. These findings, if they hold true for humans, could lead to new cancer therapies. Ask your doctor about the very latest science relating to lymphoma therapies. First author Hye-Ra Lee, Ph.D., a research fellow in the Department of Molecular Microbiology & Immunology at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of So...
Acute Leukemia More Deadly in Minorities
The Fourth American Association of Cancer Research ( AACR ) Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities is demonstrating that different races live with and survive cancers at very different rates. Acute leukemia is no exception.
Cardiovascular Drug Shows Promise in Treating Leukemia
Acute leukemias occur rapidly and are often extremely difficult to treat. Researchers have found that an existing cardiovascular medication may offer new treatment options.
Inherited Leukemia Gene Discovered
Researchers have had success in identifying genetic errors that lead to a number of different types of cancers. This hasn't been the case with blood cancers, though - until now.
Drug Offers Cancer Patients a Normal Life
For some patients, living with chronic myelogenous leukemia ( CML ) isn't terribly difficult; it just means taking a single pill once a day and living normal life.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (6) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (4) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Velcade (3) Apply Velcade filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Cyclophosphamide (2) Apply Cyclophosphamide filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Doxorubicin (1) Apply Doxorubicin filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Mustargen (1) Apply Mustargen filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Prograf (1) Apply Prograf filter
- Protopic (1) Apply Protopic filter
- Rituxan (1) Apply Rituxan filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Toposar (1) Apply Toposar filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Brain Cancer (4) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (3) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Bone Cancer (2) Apply Bone Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (2) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (2) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Pediatrics (9) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer