Unlocking Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Resistance
Gleevec ( imatinib ) has transformed the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). The problem is, this drug stops working at some point in many patients. A drug under development, combined with another currently available medication, may offer patients new options.
It doesn't happen commonly, though some diseases can present themselves as other diseases. Scientists now know this sometimes happens with two forms of leukemia.
Merck Announces Multiple Myeloma Drug Trial Results
Merck announced today that a Phase III study of Zolinza ( vorinostat ), for investigational use in combination with bortezomib in patients with progressive multiple myeloma , met its primary endpoint, demonstrating a 23 percent reduction in the risk of progression compared to the standard therapy of bortezomib (p=0.01).
Two Sisters Help Understand One Disease
It's well known that cancer can be passed between a donor and recipient during a transplant operation. One such exchange has actually advanced the scientific understanding of lymphoma.
New Lymphoma Bull's-Eye
It's the most aggressive blood cancer. Unfortunately, Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma ( DLBCL ) is also the most common form of lymphoma in adults. But there is some good news - researchers may have a new target for treating this disease.
Which is Better for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia?
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia ( CML ) has some amazing treatment options for patients. The disease has proven to respond well to three drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. An ongoing trial is looking to see which of two of these drugs is most effective.
Improving Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Treatment
Since its introduction some years ago, Gleevec ( imatinib ) has been the drug of choice for treating patients newly diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ).
Stem Cells Age Too
Everything ages over time. And human stem cells are no exception. Understanding this aging process may help explain why the elderly are more susceptible to infections and certain cancers.
Expanding Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Options
Research into more effective treatments for chronic myeloid leukemia is opening up all sorts of possibilities. Drugs are being combined, new drugs are being developed and there is even work involving a possible vaccine.
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Advancements
The outlook for people with chronic myeloid leukemia has improved by leaps and bounds in recent years. A number of medications are now keeping the disease under wraps.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (6) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (4) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Velcade (3) Apply Velcade filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Cyclophosphamide (2) Apply Cyclophosphamide filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Doxorubicin (1) Apply Doxorubicin filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Mustargen (1) Apply Mustargen filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Prograf (1) Apply Prograf filter
- Protopic (1) Apply Protopic filter
- Rituxan (1) Apply Rituxan filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Toposar (1) Apply Toposar filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Brain Cancer (4) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (3) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Bone Cancer (2) Apply Bone Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (2) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (2) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Pediatrics (9) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer