New "Theranostic" Drugs Diagnose and Treat
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the most common type of childhood cancer, diagnosed in some 5,000 children every year in the United States.
Genetic Analysis Finds New Leukemia Therapy
The computational power available to researchers has grown exponentially over the years, allowing broad analysis of genetics involved in cancer to get new ideas for exploring new methods of therapy.
Are Hispanics at Greater Risk of Leukemia?
Several groups looking at data from broad genetic studies have noticed differences in cancer risk for different populations according to ethnic make up.
Insights into Early Childhood Leukemia
A project to sequence genetic mutations in a particularly aggressive form of childhood leukemia developed a list of common mutations - the first step in developing adequate pharmaceutical targeted therapy.
Targeted Therapy Hits the Mark
People with chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ) have been treated with interferon therapy for years, but this treatment can sometimes fail. And when it does, a targeted therapy hits the mark, offering these patients long-term benefits.
Blocking the Blockers
Drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors are currently state-of-the-art treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). These medicines don't cure the disease, in part because leukemia has a powerful defense system. Recent research suggests there's a way around these defensive linemen.
Down Syndrome Ups Leukemia Risks
Another heartbreaking fact about Down syndrome is that children with this condition are increased risk of developing leukemia. And researchers are now beginning to understand why.
FDA Saves "Dangerous Drug Shortage"
Methotrexate is the one drug children with leukemia must have in order to beat the potentially deadly disease. But it was on the brink of becoming unavailable, until the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) stepped in to - literally - save lives.
Heart Disease After Childhood Leukemia - Why?
Treating childhood cancers usually requires medications, some of which can be toxic to the heart. So will these drugs cause heart problems later on in life? Recent research asked just that question.
Outwitting Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
About 20 percent of all leukemias in the Western world are chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). Today's treatments target an abnormal chromosome that causes the disease, but new theories about how to outwit this resilient disease are sprouting.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (6) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (4) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Velcade (3) Apply Velcade filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Cyclophosphamide (2) Apply Cyclophosphamide filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Doxorubicin (1) Apply Doxorubicin filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Mustargen (1) Apply Mustargen filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Prograf (1) Apply Prograf filter
- Protopic (1) Apply Protopic filter
- Rituxan (1) Apply Rituxan filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Toposar (1) Apply Toposar filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Brain Cancer (4) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (3) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Bone Cancer (2) Apply Bone Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (2) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (2) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Pediatrics (9) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer