Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim
Patient Ratings for Sulfadiazine & Trimethoprim
How was your experience with Sulfadiazine & Trimethoprim?
Uses of Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim is used in the treatment of:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Chlamydiaceae Infections
- Enterobacteriaceae Infections
- Nocardia Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Escherichia coli Infections
- Eye Infections, Bacterial
- Pneumonia, Pneumocystis
- Proteus Infections
- Staphylococcal Infections
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim is used in the prevention of:
- Rheumatic Fever
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim Brand Names
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim Drug Class
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim is part of the drug class:
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim Interactions
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- FOSPHENYTOIN SODIUM/TRIMETHOPRIM
This is not a complete list of Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprimdrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Sulfadiazine / Trimethoprim falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Sulfadiazine / Trimethoprim should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Sulfadiazine / Trimethoprim should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim Dosage
Take sulfadiazine and trimethoprim exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Sulfadiazine And Trimethoprim is available in the following doses:
- Sulfadiazine 500 Mg Oral Tablet
- Sulfadiazine Compounding Powder
- Sulfadiazine Sodium Compounding Powder
- Sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim 200 Mg-40 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension
- Sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim 400 Mg-80 Mg Oral Tablet
- Sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim 80 Mg-16 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim 800 Mg-160 Mg Oral Tablet
- Trimethoprim 100 Mg Oral Tablet
- Trimethoprim 200 Mg Oral Tablet
- Trimethoprim 50 Mg/5 Ml Oral Solution
- Trimethoprim Compounding Powder