Purpose of Prevacid OTC
Prevacid 24 Hour is an over-the-counter medication used to treat frequent heartburn, or heartburn that occurs 2 or more days per week.
lansoprazole 15 mg
colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C red No. 28, FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C green No. 3, FD&C red No. 40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, starch, sucrose, sugar sphere, talc, titanium dioxide
Prevacid OTC FDA Warning
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole.
Do not use if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Let your doctor if you take the following medications:
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
For adults 18 years of age and older:
- Thsis product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days.
- It may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours.
14-Day Course of Treatment:
- Swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning .
- Take every day for 14 days.
- Do not take more than 1 capsule a day.
- Swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- Do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor.
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed):
- You may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months.
- Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
Other Information About Prevacid OTC
- Read the directions, warnings, and package insert before use.
- Deep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- Store at room temperature between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
- Keep product out of high heat and humidity.
- Protect product from moisture.