Purpose of Neosporin
Neosporin is an over-the-counter medication used to prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Bacitracin 400 units
- Neomycin 3.5 mg
- Polymyxin B 5,000 units
Cocoa butter, cottonseed oil, olive oil, sodium pyruvate, vitamin E, white petrolatum
Neosporin FDA Warning
For external use only.
Do not use:
- if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- in the eyes
- over large areas of the body
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- deep or puncture wounds
- animal bites
- serious burns
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you need to use longer than 1 week
- condition persists or gets worse
- rash or other allergic reaction develops
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Clean the affected area.
- Apply a small amount of this product (an amount equal to the surface area of the tip of a finger) on the area 1 to 3 times daily.
- May be covered with a sterile bandage.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
Other Information About Neosporin
Store at room temperature between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77° F).