Muse treats erectile dysfunction. This medication comes as a pellet to be inserted into the penis. Should cause an erection within 5 – 10 minutes after insertion and erection may last 30 – 60 minutes.
Muse is a prescription medication used to certain types of erectile dysfunction. Muse belongs to a group of drugs called vasodilators. These work by relaxing the muscles and blood vessels in the penis so that an erection can occur.
This medication comes in suppository (pellet) and is placed into the urinary opening of the penis. You should be shown by a healthcare professional proper technique before self-use.
A common side effects of Muse is penis pain.
Patient Ratings for Muse
How was your experience with Muse?
Uses of Muse
Muse is a prescription medication used to treat certain types of erectile dysfunction.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Muse Drug Class
Muse is part of the drug class:
Side Effects of Muse
Serious side effects have been reported with Muse.
Common side effects of Muse include the following:
- penis pain
- warmth or burning sensation in the urethra
- minor urethral bleeding or spotting due to improper administration
- prolonged erection - IF YOUR ERECTION IS RIGID FOR MORE THAN 4 HOURS, CALL YOUR DOCTOR PROMPTLY.
- aching in the penis, testicles, legs, and in the perineum (area between the penis and rectum)
- Redness of the penis due to increased blood flow
This is not a complete list of Muse side effects. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.