Fluorescein helps the doctor see parts of the eye. Can cause your urine and skin to look bright yellow. It can take 6-12 hours for skin and up to 36 hours for urine to return to normal color.
Patient Ratings for Fluorescein
How was your experience with Fluorescein?
Fluorescein Brand Names
Fluorescein Drug Class
Fluorescein is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Fluoresceindrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Take fluorescein exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Fluorescein dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Fluorescein is available in the following doses:
- Fluorescein 10% Intravenous Solution
- Fluorescein 25% Intravenous Solution
- Fluorescein Ophthalmic Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Fluorescein is available in the following forms:
- Ophthalmic Solution