Daliresp (generic: roflumilast) is a prescription medication used to decrease the number of flare-ups or the worsening of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). Daliresp belongs to a group of medications called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It is thought to work by decreasing inflammation in the lungs.
Daliresp is a prescription medicine used in adults with severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to decrease the number of flare-ups or the worsening of COPD symptoms (exacerbations).
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Daliresp can cause serious side effects, including:
See “Drug Precautions”
The most common side effects of Daliresp include:
- weight loss
- back pain
- flu like symptoms
- problems sleeping (insomnia)
- decreased appetite
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of Daliresp.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- certain birth control pills.
This is not a complete list of Daliresp drug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Daliresp can cause serious side effects. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the symptoms listed below while taking Daliresp.
- Daliresp may cause mental health problems including suicidal thoughts and behavior. Some people taking Daliresp may develop mood or behavior problems including:
- thoughts of suicide or dying
- attempt to commit suicide
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- new or worse anxiety
- new or worse depression
- acting on dangerous impulses
- other unusual changes in your behavior or mood
- Weight loss. Daliresp can cause weight loss. You should check your weight on a regular basis. You will also need to see your healthcare provider regularly to have your weight checked. If you notice that you are losing weight, call your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider may ask you to stop taking Daliresp if you lose too much weight.
Do not take Daliresp if you:
- have certain liver problems. Talk with your healthcare provider before you take Daliresp if you have liver problems.
Medicines can interact with certain foods. In some cases, this may be harmful and your doctor may advise you to avoid certain foods. In the case of Daliresp there are no specific foods that you must exclude from your diet when receiving Daliresp.
Before you take Daliresp, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have or have had a history of mental health problems including depression and suicidal behavior
- have liver problems
- have any other medical conditions
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Daliresp will harm your unborn baby.
Tell your healthcare provider if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Daliresp passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will take Daliresp or breastfeed. You should not do both.
- Take Daliresp exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
- Daliresp can be taken with or without food.
- If you take more than your prescribed dose of Daliresp, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
Take Daliresp exactly as prescribed. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The recommended dose of Daliresp is one 500 microgram (mcg) tablet per day, with or without food
If you take too much Daliresp, call your local Poison Control Center or seek emergency medical attention right away.
Daliresp is available as 500 mcg tablets.
Active ingredient: roflumilast
Inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate, corn starch, povidone and magnesium stearate.
- Store Daliresp at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C); excursions permitted to 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F).
Keep Daliresp Tablets and all medicines out of the reach of children.
Sign up for
- Follow the medications that matter most to you
- Receive email notifications as soon as your medication pages are updated