Purpose of Bayer Aspirin
Bayer Low Dose Cherry, Low Dose Orange, Low Dose, Regular Strength, Genuine Bayer, and Plus are over-the-counter medications used to treat minor pain such as:
- muscle pain
- minor arthritis pain
- pain and fever of colds
- menstrual cramps and pain
Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin Cherry and Low Dose Aspirin Orange: aspirin 81 mg
Bayer Low Dose Aspirin: 81 mg
Bayer Regular Strength Aspirin: 325 mg
Genuine Bayer Aspirin: 325 mg
Bayer Aspirin Plus: 500 mg
Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin Cherry: colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, dextrose, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, saccharin sodium
Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin Orange: colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, dextrose, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, saccharin sodium
Bayer Low Dose Aspirin: black iron oxide, brown iron oxide, carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, methacrylic acid copolymer type C, polysorbate 80, powdered cellulose, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Bayer Regular Strength Aspirin: black iron oxide, brown iron oxide, carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, methacrylic acid copolymer type C, polysorbate 80, powdered cellulose, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Genuine Bayer Aspirin: carnauba wax (may or may not contain this ingredient), corn starch, hypromellose, powdered cellulose, triacetin
Bayer Aspirin Plus: calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, colloidal
Bayer Aspirin FDA Warning
Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (Bayer, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use Bayer during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose.
Bayer Chewable Low Dose Aspirin Cherry, Orange, and Low Dose Aspirin tablets:
For adults and children 12 years and over, take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours. Do not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
Bayer Regular Strength Aspirin:
For adults and children 12 years and over, take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours. Do not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours.
Genuine Bayer Aspirin:
For adults and children 12 years and over, take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours OR 3 tablets every 6 hours. Do not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours.
Bayer Aspirin Plus:
For adults and children 12 years and over, take 1 or 2 caplets every 4 to 6 hours as needed, not to exceed 8 caplets in 24 hours.
For children under 12 years, talk to your doctor before using Bayer.
Other Information About Bayer Aspirin
- Save carton for full directions and warnings.
- Store at room temperature between 20-25°C (68°-77°F).
- Each caplet contain 140 mg calcium (applies to Bayer Aspirin Plus only).