Purpose of Abreva
Abreva is an over-the-counter medication used to treat cold sores and fever blisters in adults and children 12 years of age and older.
Benzyl alcohol, light mineral oil, propylene glycol, purified water, sucrose distearate, and sucrose stearate
Abreva FDA Warning
Abreva is for external use only.
When using this product:
- apply only to affected areas
- do not use in or near the eyes
- avoid applying directly inside your mouth
- do not share this product with anyone. This may spread infection.
Stop use and ask a doctor if your cold sore gets worse or the cold sore is not healed within 10 days.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away (1-800-222-1222).
For adults and children 12 years or over:
- wash hands before and after applying cream
- apply to affected area on face or lips at the first sign of cold sore/fever blister (tingle)
- early treatment ensures the best results
- rub in gently but completely
- use 5 times a day until healed
For children under 12 years, ask a doctor.
Other Information About Abreva
- Store at room temperature (between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)) in a cool, dry place.
- Do not freeze Abreva.